Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Strawberry Marshmallow Mousse






I had some strawberries that needed using up and had recently come across this recipe for strawberry mallow mousse on the Waitrose website so decided to give it a go. I left out the pistachios which are used as decoration. You can also use some extra strawberries for decoration if you like.



I made this for three people; you need:

200g strawberries

grated zest and juice of half an orange

20g caster sugar

125g marshmallows

200h fromage frais









Hull the strawberries and chop; place in a small saucepan with the orange zest, juice and sugar. Stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved then simmer for up to ten minutes until the strawberries have softened.









Add the marshmallows and stir until melted.









I wanted my mousse to be smooth so I pulsed the mixture in a blender. Then leave to cool.



Fold in the fromage frais and spoon into three serving dishes. Chill for at least 6 hours or overnight until set.




The marshmallows definitely gave this a different texture to regular mousse; I'm not sure I was completely sold but it had a lovely zingy flavour and would make a nice summer dessert.
















I'm sending this to the Biscuit Barrel challenge, hosted by Laura at I'd Much Rather Bake Than...., as her challenge this month is for no bake goodies.






Similarly the theme for Treat Petite, hosted by Stuart at Cakeyboi, is no bake.






Dead Easy Desserts, hosted this month by Slice of Me on behalf of Sarah at Maison Cupcake, is a challenge for recipes taking 30 minutes or less (not including the chilling time so that's OK) and the theme this month is strawberries.







0 comments:

Post a Comment