Friday, July 10, 2015

Fennel, chicken, pomegranate and mint salad


This a gorgeous salad that I had for dinner one hot sunny evening; the recipe came from a free newspaper I picked up from Waitrose and it is also available at Waitrose online.

The ingredients are not particularly cheap but I already had half a bulb of fennel left in the fridge from another recipe, and half a pack of pomegranate seeds from something else. I often buy cooked chicken to make easy lunches for work and I'm growing mint on my windowsill.

The recipe instructs you to marinade and then cook the chicken but as I used the pre-cooked slices I just had to throw the other ingredients together, which was great as it was too hot to cook. Slice the fennel thinly and layer on a plate with a bed of watercress on the bottom, then the fennel, chicken, pomegranate and mint. To make the sauce mix crème fraiche, oil, garlic, lemon juice and zest, and a little water so it is thin enough to pour over the salad.

I'm really not a salad person but I thoroughly enjoyed this - it tasted as good as it looks!






0 comments:

Post a Comment