Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Maple and Tarragon Pork Chops wth Sweet Potato Traybake


I bought a copy of Sainsbury's magazine recently, even though I already have enough cookery books, so wanted to make sure I got enough use out of it and have been working my way through several of their recipes!

I made this maple and tarragon pork chop and sweet potato tray bake and it was delicious. It takes an hour to bake in the oven but you can do all the other preparation in advance; or it's a good thing to make on a lazy Sunday at home.

You can find the full recipe on the link above; I started by pre-heating the oven and microwaving the sweet potatoes until they had softened a little, then putting them in a roasting tray with the onion wedges.

Next I mixed the oil, mustard, maple syrup, paprika, fennel seeds, garlic, lemon zest, thyme and seasoning in a small bowl, and poured half of it over the vey in the tray.


Place the pork on top and drizzle over the rest of the sauce. Roast for 30-35 minutes until the pork is cooked through.


I threw some roast potatoes that I had parboiled in as well to save using another cooking tray.


This is a really easy, no fuss recipe that you can bung in the oven and pretty much forget about until it is ready. It would be good with some green veg; here you can see the traybake after I've served it before I've added anything else to the plate- it made a lovely Sunday dinner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment