Monday, November 21, 2016

Meal Planning Monday 2016 - Week 47

This week should be an interesting one as I'm spending a night sleeping outside on the streets to raise money for homeless charity Centrepoint. It's an organised event that people from companies all over London are taking part in at the same time, so should be perfectly safe, but will certainly be cold - and hopefully not wet! It's quite different to anything I've done before but am going with a team from work (not the team I work with, but a group I belong to within the organisation) and am starting to look forward to it as something of a challenge but hopefully with good camaraderie at the same time. If you want to donate to Centrepoint, you can do so here!

Here's the meal plan for this week

Monday
Home late as I'm meeting a contact after work and will probably have to ask my husband to put dinner on so it will be something from the freezer.

Tuesday
Spaghetti and meatballs/ tuna polpette that I didn't do last week

Wednesday
Inspired by a new dish at Leon: chicken thigh with spiralized carrot, mooli and sweet potato, with mint, coriander and a peanut sauce, and a peppered beef grillsteak for him.

Thursday
Sleep Out for Centrepoint - apparently the army come and cook everyone some dinner!

Friday
When I will be very grateful to be returning to my own home, which sadly isn't the case for people who sleep outside every night.
Dinner: honey, ginger and garlic chicken with spiralized veg for me and potatoes for him

Saturday
During the day I'm in London on a course - the CIPR Certificate in Internal Communications - then popping to see a friend as it's her daughter's birthday after that. I don't know what time I will be home for dinner so something my husband can cook is probably the best approach.

Sunday
Lunch: breakfast burritos - special request from my husband who loves them
Dinner: lamb chop and roast potatoes for me, beef grillsteak for him

Something I was going to make last week but didn't: pear and hazelnut crumble for me, from Weightwatchers magazine; chocolate crumble from this recipe for my husband as he doesn't eat fruit

0 comments:

Post a Comment